Saturday, June 10, 2017

Product RAVE-iew: Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow




I rarely buy eyeshadows from the local cosmetic brands and I rarely buy makeup products impulsively BUT when I see a product that I know is going to be worth every cent, I wouldn't even think twice! Especially when I am sure it is going to help me and my makeup clients hugely.

I first saw this eyeshadow palette from Paul Unating (Pro Hair and Makeup Artist) and Kris Lumagui (Filipina YouTube vlogger). It immediately caught my attention because based on Paul's makeup tutorial video in YouTube and Ate Kris' photo on Facebook, it looks really promising. However, I just let it slip until I visited SM North Edsa this one time and saw this palette as I was exploring (as usual) the makeup section at Watsons.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, one of THE BEST eyeshadow palettes I have ever tried, Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow Palette.


Product Name: Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow Palette
Price: Php1,299
Available at: Watsons, Department Stores

PACKAGING

When I saw this palette on Jazzy Collections' counter, I quickly picked it up to check out the A) shades; B) pigmentation; and C) the texture. These are the top 3 things I usually check whenever I see eyeshadows. I only saw the palette twice online from Paul and Ate Kris so it was my first time to see it in person and the first thing that entered my mind? It looks like the Inglot Freedom System palette.


The sleek, black, magnetic palette screams Inglot! I don't have the Inglot Freedom System palette though but I believe the eyeshadow pans of Inglot are a little bigger than the Jazzy ones.



SHADES AND SWATCHES

The first thing you will notice (or check) when you see an eyeshadow palette aside from the packaging is the color range. What shades are included? Are the colors more on the warm side or the cool side? One of the things I love about this palette is that it is a mix of both warm and cool shades and the fact that it has different shades of brown. We, makeup artists/lovers/enthusiasts, all know brown, nude, and neutral shades are what we mostly use in doing eye makeup looks. Also, the shades included in this palette are balanced. You have your light, medium, and dark shades. Including a black eyeshadow in a palette is just perfect (for me)! Then they even added a pop of color. See that vibrant, cool-toned purple shade and the maroon one? It's just awesome!

The Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow Palette is also available in another variant. I didn't know it until I saw it from my friend, Helen. That palette has more browns and rose tones but I think that palette is quite difficult to find. When I got this from SM North Edsa, I did not see that one.



TEXTURE AND PIGMENTATION

I am so glad... really, really glad that we have finally come to this part because this is my most favorite feature of the Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow Palette! So, let me just tell it to you point blank. The texture is so smooth, it's like butter! The finish is matte but it feels creamy when you touch it and glide your finger onto it. It definitely is a joy to blend these eyeshadows.

And the pigmentation? It is A1! Perfect! It's like the opacity of these eyeshadows is set to 100%. As you can see on the photos with swatches on my hand, there are two columns per hand. On the left column on each hand, I put eyeshadow base underneath the eyeshadows to see if there will be any big difference. And there is! But the good thing is that even without using eyeshadow primers, the eyeshadows are still super pigmented!




However, when I swatched them, I found out that some of the shades are more pigmented than the other ones. If you can see in the photo, some of the swatches are not even. I don't know if it's just the way I applied them or maybe the color itself is not even when applied.

Of course, the texture of the skin on my hands and on my eyelids are not the same so, I tested the eyeshadow palette and created a simple eye makeup. Here's the look that I did.




And yes! The colors are more even when applied on the lids and it registers perfectly even on camera. The eyeshadows from the Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow palette are so pigmented, I'd have to dab the bristles of my brushes lightly onto each pans or else, you'll end up having too much pigment on your eyes. 



STAYING POWER

There are some eyeshadows in the market that are pretty good when you apply but will fade after a few hours, leaving you with a washed out eye makeup. The Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow Palette ain't like that, girl! Once you do your makeup, it won't fade nor move. Well, unless you wipe your eyes with a wet tissue or with a makeup remover. This eyeshadow palette is perfect.

If you want to see how I created that makeup look and if you are interested to see my live swatches of these eyeshadows, you can watch my video review and demo here.



FINAL THOUGHTS

Definitely, the best local eyeshadow palette and one of the best eyeshadow palettes that I've ever tried (drugstore or high-end)! Girl, if you know me, I don't usually buy expensive makeup products unless they are really, really good or if I have more than enough money for that. The Jazzy France Sleek Matte Eyeshadow Palette is the exception to my frugal rule. Sure, it is not that expensive (Php1,299) as the other eyeshadow palettes but anything worth more than a thousand is quite expensive for me already. Like what I have mentioned at the beginning of this post, I am not an impulsive buyer. I usually plan the things that I buy and save money for that particular item but for this eyeshadow palette? I'd have to make a deviation. The packaging looks professional and sleek, the color range is very beneficial for me as a makeup artist, the opacity is crazy good, and the texture is just heaven. Yes, I use this on my clients, too! It is actually way better than a couple of the high-end eyeshadow palettes that I own.

So, yes, I do recommend it. It is "Bing Castro-approved"! I do not suggest that you buy it right this instance but all I am saying is that if ever you are thinking of buying it, every cent you will spend is going to be worth it.

I hope this post helps! :)

2 comments:

  1. When I see a palette that costs more than a thousand pesos, I feel like I'm Dora doing the "Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping!" haha! But if this palette is that good, then it's definitely a must-have! Amazing pigmentation, puwedeng panlaban sa mga high-end brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just chanced on this brand today and boy was I glad that the burgundy shade I planned to buy from Inglot was out of stock! I was about to go to Mac for their burgundy (pikit-mata! Sa sobrang mahal nya di ba☺️) but I dropped by Watsons first and found this palette! When I researched it online for reviews, yours is the one most helpful and enjoyable to watch!

    ReplyDelete