Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Review

I've tried a bunch of makeup removers in different formulas and I must say that this award-winning cleanser is one of the best that I have ever tried. The Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm is rated as the number 1 cleansing balm by the popular Korean show, Get It Beauty. This is also Banila Co.'s #1 best-selling product.






Product Name: Clean It Zero (classic)
Price: Php875 (100ml) | Php1,250 (Supersize 180ml)
Available at: Banila Co. counters, www.banilaco.ph, Banila Co. Philippines (Facebook)

Banila Co. Clean It Zero is a hypoallergenic sorbet-like cleanser that looks like a solid balm. It looks solid in the jar but it is actually soft and lightweight. There are three other variants of the Clean It Zero. This one in the pink jar is the Classic which is for normal skin. Then there is Purity with the blue-green lid which is for sensitive skin, Radiance with the silver lid for whitening, and finally, Resveratrol, the one with the leaf green lid. The one that I have is the Clean It Zero classic.

This product comes in a hefty screw top jar. The Clean It Zero Classic is available in both 100ml and 180ml which is called the Clean It Zero Supersize and that is what I got!



The Banila Co. Clean It Zero Supersize comes in a larger jar with what seems like floral and fireworks-like design. And yes, it's really huge! This comes with a separator or a plastic cover inside and a small spatula.



The separator is used as a cover inside after you remove the seal. That is also where you keep the spatula.



As what I've mentioned, it looks really solid, like a candle in a jar, but once you scooped it, you will feel how soft and light it is. I like that it has a spatula because it's more hygienic that way and I don't like using my fingers to scoop up products like this. Just be sure to clean that spatula everytime you use it.




As what's written on the description, the Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm is a solid balm that transforms into a silky oil as you massage it on your face and while it dissolves the makeup and other impurities on your face.

The photos below were taken during the first time that I've tried the Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm. I tried it on the right side of my face, first, to see how well it would work.

(Please read the photo captions)

Full makeup still on

I applied it on my eye area and brows, first, to see how quickly it could dissolve waterproof eyebrow and eye makeup. I was amazed that it worked immediately and effectively.


And then I continued to apply and massage it onto the other parts of my face to dissolve the makeup completely.

Then I used a paper towel to wipe off the residue and VOILA! The right side of my face is already makeup-free!

It is still best to rinse your face with water after removing your makeup with the Banila Co. Clean It Zero. As for me, I still wash my face with my facial cleanser and water just to make sure that my face is completely clean and makeup-free.

THOUGHTS...

The Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm works so well! It quickly dissolves the makeup and it is gentle on the skin. Actually, you will feel your skin getting softer as you massage it and after you wipe it or rinse with water. Also, even though it transforms in a silky oil, it doesn't feel that greasy and it's not sticky unlike other cleansing oils. In fact, it feels nourishing.

I also like the fact that this is a cleansing balm so we can avoid the oil dripping down your neck, hands, or even arms. We can also get away with the messy episodes we get when our usual liquid cleansing oil leaks from the bottle since this cleanser comes in a sturdy jar with a tight lid. However, the jar is so big, it's not really convenient to bring when you travel because it's bulky and heavy.

The first time I tried Clean It Zero, it hurt my eyes so I thought, darn it, it stings! Then the second time I used it, I was filming a video demo and review for my YouTube channel and that time, it did not at all sting my eyes! So, I guess my eye makeup that day I used this cleanser the first time had something to do with the stinging sensation. There must have been a chemical reaction or what!

I love the Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm because it does the job perfectly and I love the scent, too, which smells fruity but not overwhelming. However, I find the price quite expensive for my preference. Yes, it works well but still, I don't think I'm someone who will spend more than a thousand pesos for a makeup remover or cleanser.

Here's a full-face before and after image:



Watch this video to see my review and demo:



LIKES:
- dissolves makeup quickly
- easy to rinse or remove the residue
- gentle on the skin
- hypoallergenic
- the sorbet-like formula (avoids leaking and dripping, not messy to use)
- leaves the skin soft and nourished
- fruity scent

DISLIKES:
- not ideal to bring for travelling because it's bulky
- a little expensive for me


Thank your for taking the time to read and I hope you find this post helpful! :)



Disclaimer: This product was given by the company. The review is 100% based on my honest opinion and experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment