Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Product Review: Rucy's Vanity Whitening Effect Mineral Two Way Cake

So, I want to start by clarifying that this two way cake from Rucy's Vanity is not like those other two-way powders that you can use with damp or dry sponges. This is a powder that you can use as a foundation and as a powder.  Now that we've cleared that up, let's proceed to the review. :)


Product Name: Rucy's Vanity Whitening Effect Mineral Two Way Cake
Price: P250.00



PACKAGING

One of the first things that I've noticed about the Rucy's Vanity Two Way Cake is its packaging. It looks simple but bulky. The compact actually looks like the powders from other Korean cosmetic brands. When you open it, you'll find a mirror and then another plastic cover separating the powder puff and the powder which I find more hygienic. 




Even though the compact is a little bulky, I personally love it because it is very sturdy. I've accidentally dropped this many, many times already but the powder itself doesn't break. Except that the plastic cover inside was detached but it's okay, I still keep it to separate the powder puff from the powder. Another thing that I want to share is that I actually love the powder puff. It's a great tool to apply and blend the powder evenly, it doesn't pick up too much powder, and I just like its texture, Of course, that's just me. We all have different preferences. :)


SHADE, TEXTURE, AND COVERAGE


Combines the goodness of foundation and powder in one with added protection from UV rays with whitening effect.

- Whitening
- Stay matte all day
- Non-cakey
- UV Protection
- Non-clogging
- Made in Korea

Available Shades:
- #21 Natural
- #23 Oak

How to use:
Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with puff.


My shade is #23 Dark Beige. In the website, you'll see that #23 is called Oak but don't be confused because it's just the same. I guess they just changed the shade name.



On the cover of the compact, you'll find that it's indicated that this powder has SPF 35 PA++ which is great because it's perfect to use at day time. When it comes to the quality of the powder, well, I love it! It has a light and silky texture. The powder is not chalky, it is actually really smooth and finely milled. The powder has a light to medium coverage. Perfect to set your makeup base (foundations, BB creams, etc.) and great to use for touch-ups as well. As for the whitening effect, I can't really tell if it helps in lightening my skin since I only use a small amount and I don't apply it every single day.





These are photos of me wearing the Rucy's Vanity Two Way Cake:




FINAL THOUGHTS

The Rucy's Vanity Two Way Cake is perfect for daily use. This is actually what I use for school and I always bring it with me anytime, anywhere for touch-ups. I love the smooth texture of the powder. I agree that it doesn't cake and it keeps your face matte for quite a few hours. I have combination skin and it helps control the oiliness of my skin. For a whole afternoon of wearing this (even until the end of the day), the only area that would become oily is my t-zone. At the end of the day, I find that it would start to wear off around my nose area but that is without retouching. Overall, I'd say that this is a great powder, considering its very affordable price. The only thing that I wish Rucy's Vanity will consider is to add more shades so more ladies can try their two way cake.

You can find Rucy's Vanity at the following:

- Candyloveart Studio by Joyce Sola
Room 809 KB ARIZONA TOWER Padre Campa Street Sampaloc Manila.
(Near UST, FEU & St. Tomas Square)

- Fisher Mall, Department Store, makeup section

- http://rucysvanityph.com/


1 comment:

  1. Great review! I rarely use powder lately but if I ever need one, I'll definitely consider this item! You really did a thorough test and I trust what you've concluded about it.

    ReplyDelete