Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Product Review: Rucy's Vanity Gleamy Lipstick

You know what, as much as I want to use more often and love Korean cosmetics, I just can't seem to do it because they're pretty expensive (for me). Don't get me wrong, most Korean products that I've tried are actually great but they just don't seem that budget-friendly to me. I always think that what makes their products expensive (other than the quality) is their fancy packaging. Korean cosmetic brands always have the cutest and most beautiful packaging! That's why a lot of girls are going gaga about their products.

It's a good thing we have Rucy's Vanity! Rucy's Vanity is a Korean brand of skin care and cosmetics and according to the owners, they created Rucy's vanity for their love for the Filipinos, especially for the Pinay girls who love makeups. They are also aware how expensive Korean cosmetics can be so they decided to create products that are budget-friendly but have high quality. How did they do that? Well, they didn't make the packaging of their products that fancy. They kept it simple but presentable.

If you're watching or following different Pinay YouTube beauty gurus, then you'll know that, like me, they are also raving about these affordable Korean cosmetics. Heads up, you'll be seeing a lot of Rucy's Vanity product reviews soon. First that I want to share with you are the Rucy's Vanity Gleamy Lipsticks because I really love lipsticks, and I know you do, too! Hehe!



Product Name: Rucy's Vanity Gleamy Lipstick
Price: P150.00
Available at: Candyloveart Studio


Rucy's Vanity Gleamy Lipsticks have two kinds. The other Gleamy Lipstick line comes in a bronze tube, has a wider color selection, and the lipsticks have different textures (creamy, satin, frosted). The Gleamy Lipsticks that I have are the ones in the black plastic casing, lipsticks have the same texture which is creamy, and they are available in only 5 shades.



As you can see, the packaging is really simple. The casing may be made of plastic but it's actually sturdy. At the bottom of the tube, you'll find the shade name.



Like what I've said, the texture is really creamy so they glide on smoothly when you apply it on the lips. As for the pigmentation, it has a good color pay off but some of the shades require about 2 layers to really show its true color. Here are the swatches:




1. Qute Pink (nude pink)




2. Hot Pink (probably my favorite among the 5 shades)




3. Red




4. Orange (what you see is what you get)




5. Dark Red 






If you can notice, the shade Red is actually not that far from the shade Dark Red. The former is actually more pigmented than the latter. Dark Red is like a muted red shade and if you look closely, the texture has more sheen than the 4 other shades.

As for the staying power, it's not bad. It stays on for about 3-4 hours on the lips with minimal fading. Also, some of the shades can stain the lips like the shade Hot Pink.

Here is my video review about the Rucy's Vanity Gleamy Lipsticks:


I guess the only things I don't like about this product is the fact that the shades Red and Dark Red are almost similar (there are times when I can't really tell the difference in photos) and that the actual colors of some of the shades don't show on the first application. Other than that, I don't see any problems with it. The price is really affordable and the quality is commendable. So, yes, I recommend this to my fellow Pinay beauties out there who are always in a budget, especially my fellow school girls. :)

If you want to try these lipsticks and other Rucy's Vanity cosmetics but you're too far from Candyloveart Studio, I guess you can order online. Please visit Rucy's Vanity Official on Facebook for your inquiries and orders.



Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been looking for an affordable orange lipstick for quite a long time.. thanks for the heads up about rucy's vanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! I've been watching your videos and reading your blogs about makeup and i really love it and it taught me (kahit papano but still practice makes perfect diba ;)) well anyway, I'm curious about rucy's vanity cosmetics, can you help me where can I find these products?specially in qc area...

    ReplyDelete
  3. FISHERMALL DEPARTMENT STORE HAS THIS COSMETIC BRAND. ;)

    ReplyDelete