Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Summer Essentials (2014)

While others love being under the Sun at the beach, I chose to stay indoors. I know it may look like I'm a major buzz kill but we all know that Summer here in the Philippines is insanely hot and I can't stand it at times. But with all my makeup gigs and other meetings, I can't just stay under a roof. I also need to go outside and of course, I also want to have fun and celebrate before classes start in June.

With the harmful Sun and the very hot and humid weather we have, I need my own weapons to protect my skin. Here are the skin care and makeup products that I've been using a lot this Summer 2014.



Skin Care Essentials



1. Burt's Bees Daisy White Facial Toner - This 99% natural toner helps remove traces of dirt and oil from your skin leaving you with a soft skin. Very mild on the skin as well and doesn't contain harmful chemicals that can react badly when exposed to the Sun. Available at all Beauty Bar stores.

2. Royale Beauty L-Gluta Power Whitening and Smoothening Cream - Perfect for Summer since it has UVA/UVB protection. It is also easily absorbed by the skin and not greasy even if you sweat. Plus, it also helps lighten the skin. Read my review here. Available at Queen B.

3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock  SPF 50 - Well, I don't really use this all the time but this comes in handy when you go to the beach or if you're under the Sun a lot. It has SPF 50 and the higher the SPF, the thicker and the heavier the consistency. This one, although it has high SPF, it doesn't have the greasy and sticky texture unlike other sunblocks. Definitely a must-have. Available at all Watsons nationwide.

4. Royale Beauty L-Gluta Power Lightening Lotion - One of the best lotions ever! It contains UVA/UVB protection to prevent Sun damage. Consistency is a little thick and might take a few seconds and rubs before your skin can completely absorb it but it's not greasy or slippery. In addition to that, it also has an instant whitening effect and can whiten the skin with continuous use. Available at Queen B.

5. L'Opulent Femme Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - When it's hot, we sweat a lot! Haha! And we girls don't want sweaty armpits, of course! You might want to try this L'Opulent Femme Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. This is also under Royale. It doesn't make my underarms sweat! Dry feeling all day, I swear. Also available at Queen B.


Makeup Essentials



1. Ellana Minerals Loose Mineral Powder Foundation - During Summertime, you may want to avoid wearing a lot of makeup. Given the very hot weather, we tend to sweat a lot and if we apply layers and layers of makeup on our face, it might just cake plus it will give you a very irritating feeling. Very uncomfortable! This Summer, I just use my Ellana Minerals Loose Mineral Powder Foundation. It requires less makeup product since it's already a foundation and a setting powder in one plus coverage is really good, too. If I have dark spots and other imperfections, I use a little concealer then this powder foundation. Review soon! If you want to get your own, click this link to be redirected to their site and get 15% off your purchase. Also available in The Ramp Crossings at Trinoma, Cinderella SM Megamall, Cinderella, Glorietta, and Cinderella ATC.

2. Moonkini Flat Top Brush - One of my favorite Universal brushes! Perfect for applying foundation and powder. Also, it is short so it can fit inside your makeup kit and bring it with you anywhere you go! Only P150.00 from Pretty Angel Shoppe.

3. ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame - Summer is a lazy season for me so I usually just use an eyebrow mascara to fill in my brows so it would be easier and more convenient. It also gives you a very natural look. Available at ELF counters nationwide.

4. Mistine Lip and Cheek Tints - Since I avoid using a lot of makeups during this hot season, I just stick with lip and cheek tints. I love the Mistine lip and cheek tints because they are pigmented and you have different shades to choose from. I have two --- one berry shade which gives a more natural finish and a red orange tint which I use whenever I want a louder color for my lips. Also, since it can be used for your lips and cheeks already, it saves space in your makeup kit. No need to bring a separate blush and lipstick! Available at The Mestiza Hub.

5. Mistine Big Eyes Mascara - I rarely wear eye makeup even if it's not Summer. I just do eye makeups on special occasions and when I want to but usually, I just curl my eyelashes and apply mascara. I stay away from eyeliners during Summer because it might just smudge. My current favorite mascara is the Mistine Big Eyes mascara because it can really lengthen my short and thin eyelashes. Also available at The Mestiza Hub.


So, yeah, that's it. Summer is not yet over so you can still give these products a try. Hope you can share you favorite Summer essentials, too! :)



Stay awesome and accomplish your mission!


1 comment:

  1. wow!! I'Ve navigated to a lot of pages because I want to try the items you've tried.. :)

    ReplyDelete