Wednesday, September 4, 2013

How to Wear Purple Lipstick?

Ciara and Rihanna --- these two hot singers are my inspirations for my purple lips look. I love how they rocked purple lip colors with bronzed/gold eye makeup! They both looked foxy vixens!

I'm not afraid to wear bold and loud lip colors. In fact, they're kind of my thing. I remember when I was still teaching, I was known for my signature vampy red lips! I used to wear red lipsticks to work, almost everyday! :)

I think one of the most difficult lip color to pull off is purple because first, it's not for everyday, second, it's not something that you can pair with any eye makeup (unlike pinks and reds), and third, ladies get intimidated by it because it's unusual and they think it's only for the adventurous women. Well, I think you must be confident to wear bold lip colors like that and you should just learn the best way or look to pair it with. That's why I created this look so you'll have an idea what kind of makeup look you should go for if you want to sport that sexy purple lip color!




In this look, I only did a very simple gold eye makeup. I didn't even create winged lines. I just tightlined my eyes to add more intensity then finished it off with tons of mascara. I also didn't do a lot on the face makeup. I skipped blush and highlighter and just contoured my face a little more heavily for that sexy, bombshell look. Purple lip color is already a bit strong so I didn't do much on the whole look so that my lips would really standout! If you want to know how I achieved this look inspired by Ciara and Rihanna, here's the video:



PRODUCTS USED:

FACE
FS Cosmetics Two Way Cake in Fantasia (for contouring)

EYEBROWS
Etude House Easy Brow Pencil in No. 3

EYES
ELF Eyelid Primer
Fashion 21 Single Eyeshadow in No. 5
Essence Sun Cub Glamour To Go Eyeshadow Palette
Fashion 21 Defining Eyeliner in Black

LIPS
NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Deep Purple
L.A. Colors Lipstick in Matte Amethyst




Another reason why I made this look is because I really wanted to let everyone know that the L.A. Colors Lipstick in Matte Amethyst is amazing! The color payoff is fantastic and it's very affordable at only Php 99.00. I bought mine from Landmark, Trinoma, by the way. The actual color of the lipstick really has a cool tone but the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Deep Purple that I used as a base has a warm tone that's why the color of the lipstick changed a little but it's alright because I was really rooting for it to look warmer. If you want to see the real color of the L.A. Colors Lipstick in Matte Amethyst, click here. :)



Hope you liked this one! 'Til my next makeup look! :)



Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-

No comments:

Post a Comment