Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Avon Story | Winning the Avon You Make It Beautiful Blogger Challenge

Last month, Avon Philippines held a contest for Filipina beauty bloggers to be part of the Avon Makeup Council. I saw different beauty bloggers joining and I was really interested so I read about the contest. After reading the details and all the benefits of winning, I immediately submitted my entry! Being a part of the Avon Makeup Council would be an honor for me. Come on guys, it's Avon! :)

So, the first thing that you have to do is to submit three of your posts --- may it be from your blog or your YouTube channel if you do video tutorials. I passed two blog entries and one video tutorial. You should also be a blogger for 3 months above to qualify so, yey! I'm already blogging for 2 years now. :) Among those entries from the first stage, Avon will choose semi-finalists and I was very lucky to be chosen along with my fellow beauty bloggers and blogger friends! Yey! :)

After that, the semi-finalists were invited over to the Avon office at Makati for the briefing of the next and final stage and to pick up the products that we have to use for the challenge. I was so glad to see my fellow bloggers there like Eyah Ballada, Clarisse Litiatco, Hazel Salcedo, Raych Ramos and meet a few of them whom I haven't met before like Sam Lanuza, Giezelle Uy, Jessa Roque, etc.

So, here are the products that I got. We really didn't have a choice nor a chance to pick out products because everything were randomly selected.



Avon Ideal Luminous Dual Powder Foundation, Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Chocolate Sensation, Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Rose Luster, Avon Super Shock Mascara, Avon Glimmerstick brow pencil in Soft Black, Avon Glimmerstick eye liner in Blackest Black, Avon Ultra Color Lipsticks in Knockout Pink and Hibiscus, and Avon Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss in Mauve Movement


I was happy and satisfied with what I've got! The eye shadow palette is beautiful and I guess I got super lucky to have the neutral shades! :) We can choose to use everything from out loot bags or not. After brainstorming with myself on what look should I go for, here's what I came up with:



To know how I achieved that Sexy Smokey Eyes, watch this video:



After the semi-finalists submitted their entries, Avon Philippines collected all our final looks and posted it on their Facebook page so people can vote for their favorite beauty bloggers! I want to thank everyone who voted for me. After almost a week of voting, I'm glad, proud, and thankful to say that I did not go beyond the top 10. :) Anyway, the voting results are just 30% of the criteria but still, that's a big help.

I think all of the semi-finalists were excitedly waiting for the results. We waited for about two days before they announced the 20 beauty bloggers that will complete the Avon Makeup Council. Last August 22, they finally announced the winners and ta-dah! I GOT IN!!!



Isn't it awesome? Haha! Congratulations to my fellow beauty bloggers who got in, too! So happy we all got in, my fellow blogger friends. Y'all know who you are! Click here to see the other members of the Avon Makeup Council. :)

Because of getting in, we got the privilege of meeting Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist, Ms. Lauren Andersen, and the chance to attend her basic makeup workshop which happened last August 23 at Sofitel Manila. I was about an hour late because I had to take care of some school stuff before I went there but it's all good because meeting Ms. Lauren Andersen is just awesome! She's very professional and definitely a stunner! It's a shame that I wasn't able to see her makeup demonstrations. Boo me! Oh, by the way, she's best friends with JESSICA ALBA! Gaaaaah! I told her she looks like Parker Posey but I was really referring to Amanda Peet! Hay nako, mali pa! :)


Close talaga kami, sa totoo lang. Hahaha!



My certificate for participating in the Makeup Workshop

Winning the blogger challenge is definitely a huge factor for me! It's a great honor to be part of the Avon Makeup Council and the perks are just so awesome! One of that is meeting Lauren Andersen in Person and Ms. Lisa Lamberty, Avon Executive Director of Color Research and Development. Wow! Just wow! :) We even got to take home some Avon cosmetics from the makeup workshop. Look what I've got! I'll talk more about this in a separate post. :)



Thank you so much Avon Philippines and to everyone who supported me throughout the challenge! :)
Don't forget to like Avon on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and Instagram, @avonph.




Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-

2 comments:

  1. I have read your article. This info is helpful to grow your style and fashion. Here is my website must visit: Celebrity Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for providing this amazing information. I really appreciated it.Best Bridal makeup Artist in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete