Sunday, June 16, 2013

Product Review: Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl Mascara

I've always envied people with really thick and long pair of lashes! I have very thin, sparse and short lashes so when it comes to mascaras, I always go for the ones that are not just lengthening but also volumizing and thickening. Lengthening mascaras are not enough because even though they give me long lashes, they still don't look full. I really envy those who have full-looking lashes! Garsh!

Anyway, a few of the best mascaras that I've tried are the Maybelline the Colossal, Maybelline the Magnum, Maybelline the Falsies and Tony Moly Maxi Volume Force Mascara. All of these give me full-looking lashes that's why I love them all! Just look at my natural lashes:


See how short and thin my lashes are? It's really frustrating at times especially for someone like me who's not really fond of wearing false eyelashes. That's why I'm thankful that I found a new mascara that saves my eyelashes all the time and completes my eye makeup looks without the help of false eyelashes! The best thing is that, it's not heavy on the pocket!


Product Name: Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl Mascara
Price: P169.00
Bought from: SM Megamall

Other than the Essence Fix & Matte Translucent Powder, the first products that I wanted to try from the brand are their mascaras since I've read the posts of fellow beauty bloggers Ana Victorino and Martha of The Beauty Junkee about the Essence launch here in the Philippines. They both recommended their mascaras and translucent powder. So, when I visited Essence for the first time, the first things that I looked for were the translucent powder and their mascaras. Unfortunately, the translucent powder wasn't available that time so I just focused on their mascaras.

They have a bunch of variants of mascaras. Some are just volumizing, some are lengthening, while a few are both volumizing and lengthening. What really caught my attention is the Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl mascara! I tried it on my sister-in-law and she have shorter and thinner lashes than mine so I was surprised that the mentioned mascara really curled, volumized and lengthened her eyelahes! I was absolutely impressed with its quality considering its very affordable price! I did not think twice, I immediately bought the product.


The mascara comes with a BIG wand! BAM! The brush is big which reminds me of old school mascaras. Nowadays, mascaras come in thin wands with tiny bristles. The wand is actually okay, makes application way faster but since it's big and wide, it is a little hard to reach the hard-to-reach part of the eyelashes, especially on the inner corners. But it's okay! I don't mind! Though I think some of you might not want that because there's a high chance of making boo-boos when you apply this mascara on your eyelashes so just be careful.

At first application, I fell in love right away! With just one layer, the Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl mascara really volumized, lengthened and curled my lashes! I did not even curled my eyelashes that time with an eyelash curler. That's one of the good things about this mascara, you can skip the eyelash curler because this mascara alone can totally curl your eyelashes!

Take a look again at my photo above where you can see my natural eyelashes. Now take a look at this photo where in I coated my eyelashes with the Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl mascara:



My lashes are now full-looking! You can see that the mascara really curled, thickened and lengthened my eyelashes! Awesome! It's definitely my current favorite mascara because of its good benefits. I guess the only problem that I have with this is that it's not waterproof. I have oily lids so I need waterproof mascaras and eyeliners all my life! Since this particular mascara is non-waterproof, by the end of the day or even by the middle of the day, depends on the humidity of the weather, it will already transfer on my lower lids. So if you're like me who have really oily lids, might I suggest that if you want to use the Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl mascara, seal it with a waterproof mascara. My favorite mascara to pair it with is the Fashion 21 Double Up Mascara which is just a lengthening waterproof mascara. However, I think this is also available in waterproof formula. I think it's the one in the blue tube but I'm not 100% sure about that so just go check it out. If ever it's not available in waterproof formula, then just follow my tip. :)



This mascara is really one of my absolute favorites ever! It's affordable yet the quality is to die for. I hope I'm not overselling but it really just does wonders on my eyelashes. Hehe! I am definitely going to repurchase this and I highly recommend this to those who have thin lashes like me, to those frugal peeps like me and to all of you guys who hate removing stubborn waterproof mascaras! Haha! Check out the Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl mascara and it might just be the solution to your lash problem! :)

Essence is also available in SM Makati, MOA, and SM Clark. Let me know where else we can find Essence. I love this brand!


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-

6 comments:

  1. Ive read so much about essence. I cant find them here in cebu.. too bad..i would love to purchase them.. anyway i like ur blogs and yt videos.. i hope to meet u in person.

    I followed youuu can u follow me back thank u..:))
    http://misscutiebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arin! Would def check out your site. :)

      Delete
  2. there's also a essence booth in sm cubao... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already purchased the Fashion 21 Double Up Mascara and I am impressed! Your recommendations never fail when it comes to good quality affordable beauty products! Yan na next kong bibilhin! It's really cheap at 169php. Again, thank you for sharing! :D

    -Iya
    http://iyaboto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yiiiiiih! Thank you so much, Iya! ^_^ Yes super cheap and ang ganda talaga! :)

      Delete