Saturday, June 15, 2013

Product Review: Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set



Have you seen my video review about the Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set already? Well, if you haven't, click that thumbnail above!



Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set is my current go-to everyday eyebrow powder. It's perfect for you if your budget is kinda tight and if you're someone who's a newbie in doing or redefining eyebrows. The kit contains two shades of eyebrow powder and three eyebrow stencils in different shapes.


Product Name: Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set
Price: P189.00
Bought from: SM Megamall
*Available in one variant only*





The brow powder and the brow stencils are contained in a clear case which is very handy. It's interesting for me since it's the only brow kit I've seen with a packaging like that. However, it's a little inconvenient especially when you're in a hurry because it takes quite more time to open than those brow powders that come in small palettes which you can easily flip open.


The brow stencils are enclosed in this small card wherein you can find the product information.



These are all that you can find inside the clear case.



Like what I've mentioned in the video, I don't really use the brow stencils because I find it more difficult for me to do my brows when I use it and also, the shapes of the stencils are too narrow for my natural brows. Anyway, if you have the same situation as mine, you can just use the lower edge of the stencil to trace the lower edge of your natural brows. I hope you get what I'm saying! Hee! I promise I'll show you soon how to use the brow stencils but actually, it's a no-brainer!

Continuing on, the brow powders are just attached onto a plastic thingamajig which doesn't really bother me that much since what I really care for is the brow powder itself! When I first visited Essence, I wasn't really planning to buy this brow kit but when my sister swatched the brow powders, I was convinced because it has a very silky texture. The shades are taupe and dark brown  which I love because I think it's versatile. If you have light-colored hair, use the taupe one. If you have dark hair, then use the dark brown one. If you're somewhere in the middle, then you can mix the two together! If you've watched my video, what I did was fill in my brows with the taupe shade and then I defined the tails with the dark brown shade.


Left: with flash ; Right: without flash


What I love about this brow powder the most is that it has a very natural finish like it really sets onto your brows and the staying power is pretty impressive, too! At the end of the day, the tails might already fade but it's still there. I love it!

BEFORE

AFTER  5-6 HOURS

Overall, this product is great! I highly recommend this Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set to those who are economical, beginners, especially teenagers! It's very affordable plus it already comes with stencils so you have a guide when you do your brows. Awesome!

If you're interested with this product and want to try it out, you can find Essence at SM Megamall. I think it's also available in SM Makati and MOA. :)



Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I want this! I've been using eyeshadow to color my brows (lolz cheapskate.. :P) anyway this seems pretty affordable. I gotta remember this the next time I drop by megamall. :) sana pati sa ibang watsons meron na din.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try to check kung meron po Sa MOA. I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete