Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Product Review: Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation

Good riddance, I missed blogging! My laptop had a problem with its cooling system so I had it fixed at the service center and it was there for almost a week. Those days without my laptop, I just spent most of my time with my phone, uploading photos and giving updates on my Instagram account and on my Facebook page. Thank goodness, my laptop is now fixed. In fact, I just picked it up last night, and here I am with a new post... and oh! With a new YouTube video! ;-)

I have a looooooooot of backlogs and there are a lot of products listed that I have to review. To start off, I'm crossing the Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation from the list because I'll be reviewing it today. :)



Product Name: YVES ROCHER MATTE FLUID FOUNDATION
Shade: Beige 100
Price: P600.00 (bought with 50% discount)
Bought from: Trinoma, Ayala Mall

I've had this foundation for about 3 months now and I have to say that it's one of the best everyday-foundations that I've tried.

The foundation is contained in a tube-shaped bottle with a tiny nozzle so you can easily dispense the product and have a good control on how much product you're going to use. And since it's not a bulky bottle, you can bring this everywhere you go, especially when you travel.

I got the shade beige 100 which is actually a wee bit lighter than my skin color but it's okay because it has a yellow undertone. Looking at the foundation, it may seem that it's darker than my skin color but when blended, it becomes lighter. The consistency of the foundation is quite thin and a little runny.



It IS blendable but it dries faster than the other foundations and it dries absolutely matte. It has a powder finish which is good for people with oily skin (like me), however, it can accentuate dry patches on the skin. I've experienced quite a few times having dry patches around my nose so be sure to moisturize your skin well!


Since the foundation is very light, it only gives sheer coverage. It can lighten dark under eye circles and dark spots or blemishes on the skin but cannot fully conceal them. However, it makes my skin bright and radiant-looking and it will look better when set with powder. I know it transforms into a powdery veil but since I have oily skin, I still set it with powder.

Picture No. 1: BARE FACE



Picture No. 2: Applied Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation on the right side of my face.



Picture No. 3: Applied Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation all over my face and set it with a powder with full coverage using a powder puff.



Picture No. 4: After about 8 hours of wearing Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation.




As you can see, my face still looks pretty good and FYI, I did not retouch at all.

Here's another test wherein I set the foundation with a light powder.


Picture No. 1: Applied Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation on the right side of my face.



Picture No. 2: Applied Yves Rocher Matte Fluid Foundation all over my face.



Picture No. 3: Set the foundation by lightly dusting powder all over my face using just a powder brush and did my full makeup.



Picture No. 4: After only 3 hours of wearing the foundation.



Side-by-side shot:



As you can see, my face got oily and looked shiny already just after 3 hours of wearing the foundation without retouching it nor blotting with an oil blotting paper. At least it's not super shiny and oily. Still looks great! It turns out that it can make me look oily if I just lightly set it with powder but with a fuller coverage of powder, it can keep the oiliness at bay for longer hours. I have to say though that the coverage is still pretty good, don't you think? Event though my face got shiny especially on my t-zone area, the foundation didn't sheer off that much.

Overall, I love this foundation a lot. It's perfect for everyday, especially for school or for work. I remember Chriselle Sy telling me that for everyday foundations, Yves Rocher is perfect and now I can finally agree to her. :)

Will I recommend it? Yes for people with oily or oily-combination skin but no for people with really dry skin since it can accentuate dry patches.

Repurchase? Absolutely! :)


What's your recommendation for an everyday foundation perfect for people with oily skin? Let me know by leaving comments below!


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-



No comments:

Post a Comment