Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Whitening


I used to ignore local cosmetic brands because I have this mentality that cosmetics made locally are not really worth my money. Although they are affordable, I still think it's not worth buying them. However, when I started exploring and trying different makeup brands, eventually I realized that not all local cosmetics are that bad. In fact, some of the local products are really good! There's the Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks, Fanny Serrano Two Way Powders, Eye shadows from different local brands such as Fashion 21, Ever Bilena, Careline, and many more! As time goes by, I started to discover more and more good-quality local products! Some are a little expensive but most of those products are pretty affordable.

Other than discovering good-quality local products, I also noticed that BB Creams are getting more and more popular. The market for BB creams is getting hotter and hotter! Whenever I visit malls and drugstores, I always see BB creams from different cosmetic brands! Fanny Serrano and Ever Bilena are just two of the local cosmetic brands who recently released their very own BB creams. The first that I bought was the one from Ever Bilena... well, because it's cheaper! :)

To tell you honestly, I wasn't really that excited when I found out that Ever Bilena finally have BB creams. Well, for one thing, the packaging or the design of the said product is not really attractive for me. I thought it looks a little cheap. However, we should all keep in mind the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover". I'm guilty! I judged the product based on how it looks like but when I finally tried it out, I buried the hatchet between me and the appearance of the EB BB Cream! I'm not saying that it's the best BB cream out there because I haven't tried other BB creams, especially the ones from the high-end brands. All I'm saying is that I love this BB cream because it works perfectly on me and I like how it looks on me.




Product Name:  Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Whitening
Shade: Oriental
Price: P 195.00
*bought from Mercury Drug (Sangandaan)*

I was actually skeptic at first to buy it because like what I've said, I thought the product appearance looks cheap. But when I watched one of Say Artillero's videos where she used this BB cream and mentioned she surprisingly likes it, I decided why not try it. I noticed din kasi in her video that when she applied it on her face, it looks good. So, I finally bought it and tried it out and like Say, I surprisingly like it, too!!!

The Ever Bilena BB Cream is available in two variants. The whitening and the anti-wrinkle one. I was actually planning to buy the anti-wrinkle one but it turns out that the shade doesn't match my skin color and the undertone is a little too ashy or beige for me. Unfortunately, there's only 1 shade available for each variants --- Natural for the anti-wrinkle and Oriental for the whitening one. So, I picked up the whitening BB cream and I was immediately sold by its shade and its texture.



The shade Oriental has a yellow undertone which is perfect for Asian skin. However, it's a little too yellow BUT it's not a big deal since when you buff it on your skin, it will blend perfectly. I personally like how it looks on me. It's just like my second skin. It has a creamy texture but it's not too thick. It dries demi-matte which I absolutely like because I'm not really into foundations and BB creams with dewy finish. If you have a normal to dry skin, I think it's okay even without setting it with powder. In my case, since I have oily-combination skin and I don't like having dewy skin, I still set it with powder.

Here's my Review+Demo for the Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Whitening:



The Ever Bilena BB Cream comes in a squeeze tube packaging which is great because you can control the amount of product that you're going to use.



It contains 50ml of the product which I think will last for about 4-5 months. You don't really need a lot of the product when you use it because a little goes a long way. If you have watched the video above, you'll see that a tiny amount of the product is enough to cover my entire face.

The coverage is light to medium. It's buildable --- another thing that I like about it. However, it cannot fully conceal pimples, blemishes and other dark spots on my face. It can conceal though the redness of my skin and my dark under eye circles so, it's still okay. If you have a naturally flawless skin, this will look awesome on you! (Unless the shade doesn't match you skin color.) This BB cream doesn't have SPF but Ever Bilena claims that this product will protect your skin from the harmful rays of the Sun.

Here's what Ever Bilena has to say about their Advance BB Cream:

A whitening, foundation and moisturizing cream all rolled into one! EB Advance BB Cream Whitening provides a flawless coverage while concealing blemishes and dark spots and protecting it from the harmful rays of the sun. With the help of its potent moisturizers such as Shea Butter and Vitamin E, it richly moisturizes your skin to make it soft and smooth.


Yes, this BB Cream is almost like a foundation already because of its texture and the flawless coverage that it gives. However, like what I've said, it cannot fully conceal my blemishes and dark spots. I agree that it is moisturizing because it leaves my skin smooth and supple. It doesn't cake and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It has a good coverage but it feels light.

Here are photos of before and after:



BARE FACE

APPLIED THE EB ADVANCE BB CREAM ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE

Like what I've said, it's a little yellow but don't worry because it will eventually blend well on your skin as you keep on buffing it against your skin. Look at the photo below. It blended well on my skin.


MY FACE WITH EB ADVANCE BB CREAM 

As you can see, I have a lot of blemishes and I even have an active pimple in the photo. I really chose this time to take photos for my review to show how it works and how well it could conceal my pimples and blemishes. Based on the photo above, my blemishes are still peeking through especially my pimple. But as you can see, it concealed the redness of my skin and it lightened my dark under eye circles.


WITH EB ADVANCE BB CREAM SET WITH POWDER

After setting it with powder, my face looks flawless except for the pimple bump!


WITH COMPLETE MAKEUP ON



Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos after about two-five hours. I was at school and I totally forgot about it. My bad, sorry! So when I got home, I took photos before removing my makeup. The photos below were taken after a total of 9 hours.



Mind you, this is how my face looks like without retouching at all! I didn't even use an oil blotting paper. It's obvious in the photo that my face is already a little oily as well as my lower lash lines but I think that's because I'm wearing eyeglasses. The redness around my nose is showing already but my makeup did not fade out completely. I still look presentable! Hahah! Again, this photo was taken after 9 hours from application of the EB Advance BB Cream.



After 2 hours from application, my face still looks great! After 2-3 hours, I usually get oily on my t-zone area already but my makeup still looks awesome. That's why I love this product so much! It's affordable, the coverage is enough to conceal the redness of my skin, dark under eye circles and minor imperfections plus the staying power is pretty good as you can see in the photos above. After observing and seeing its quality and how it works on me, this has become my everyday and go-to foundation. The coverage is comparable to the Maybelline BB Cream and the 4U2 Forever Liquid Foundation but if I have to choose, I will definitely choose the Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Whitening just because it is the perfect shade for my skin color.

I've mentioned that this BB cream is perfect for Asian skin but that's only if you have fair-medium skin color. If you have deeper skin color and you are kayumanggi, then this BB cream is too light for you.

I also want to add that I didn't buy this because it's a whitening product. I don't really care if it will lighten my skin color because my skin care products are already mostly whitening products. Like what I've said in my video, if the Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Anti-Wrinkle is available in the shade Oriental, I will choose that over the Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Whitening because I'm now planning to start using anti-aging products because I'm starting to see fine lines on my face and I am only 23 for pete's sake! :-(

I guess the downside about this product, other than it cannot fully conceal my blemishes and pimples, is that it contains Paraben which, they say, can cause breast cancer. :-/ However, Cosmetic Ingredient Review examined Parabens in 1984 and 2005 and they concluded in both times that parabens at low levels are not really a concern. The answer though to the questions about Parabens are not yet final but they say that Methyl- and Ethyl-Paraben is safe as regulated (according to the European Commission's Scientific Committee on Consumer Products).


SUGGESTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:

I recommend this product to the ladies out there who wants an affordable foundation that is light on the skin but provides a good coverage and can be used as an everyday foundation --- I'm talking about students and working girls. BUT that's if you're willing to use products with Parabens in it. Listen, I know they say it's bad for the health but like what I've mentioned above, low levels of parabens found in personal care products are not really a concern. I checked the products that I use on a daily basis and I found out that the Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream whitening is the only product that contains Paraben from my everyday makeup stash. Whew!

If you are willing to try out this product, I suggest using your fingers for application. I've tried applying it with a foundation brush, a stippling brush, a flat top brush, and  my fingers. So far, the best for me is applying it with my fingers because it gives the most even, smooth, and natural finish. :)

Let me guys know what you want me to review next and if you have any questions, just leave it as a comment below. Talk soon!


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-

53 comments:

  1. Very nice review! I also have the same kind of mentality. Ewan ko ba. Pero I am trying to change that na. I don't fancy the packaging. It would look way better if plain color and hindi shiny. Pero I so love that it has yellow tone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should really start loving products from our own country na talaga, right? :) 'Di ba? The packaging is just not attractive for me. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Awesome review! Very detailed! I agree with you regarding local makeup products. Never really explored that much until maybe a couple of months ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yette! :) Yes, let's love products from our own country. haha! :)

      Delete
  3. i have stigma on local cosmetics because mostly of products that ive tried goes to trashcan after a week of disappointment.
    but i will try to explore XD
    im kayumanggi and this is too light for me :(
    but ill try this on the testers XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to explore. The local products before sucked but some of the new ones are really nice, including this one. :)

      Delete
  4. I have the same thoughts when it comes to local drug store make ups. I think I also have to try this out and see whether I should start giving local products space in my beauty kit or not. :) Btw, your review is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should really give a chance to our local products because we might just find something that we'll love! :) Thank you, Kandis!

      Delete
  5. Hi Bing! New follower here! Grabe I'm one of your fans na when it comes to make up lol
    This is a great review btw! Hope to read more reviews from you soon!
    I only have Hello Kitty BB Cream from my sponsor hehe. Ngayon na lang nagkakaroon ng mga local products na BB Cream napansin ko lang. But I will recommend this to my friends since, ang BB cream tlga especially ung sa mga Korean e may kamahalan ng konti, which is hindi ganun kaafford ng mga not a fan ng makeup. hehe.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooooo much, Deann! :) Agree, may kamahalan nga talaga Korean BB creams. :)

      Delete
  6. Love your review! :) Ganda ng coverage. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie! Yes, the coverage is really awesome. :)

      Delete
  7. Great review as always! I love how you apply your base makeup. I don't know how to make them look flawless on my skin. :P

    Ladelu Review + Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Use your fingers and a sponge/brush to smooth out the streak marks. Thank you, Janine! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Bing..I am a stragiht guy...…I do use foundation to cover my pimple marks and redness in my face..wanna try this one but I'm afraid my face will become yellowish..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like what I've mentioned here and in my video, it will eventually blend very well onto your skin as you buff it on your face. :)

      Delete
  9. Very nice review :) andami nga nagsabi na it looks cheap but I think its worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is worth a try! :) Thanks, cincincin! :)

      Delete
  10. anong other products ginamit mo dito??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the review! I'll be back in Philippines in a couple of months from now and I'm looking forward to trying Filipino BB Creams.

    http://bunnikisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You really should give this one a try. :)

      Delete
  12. I was told that when you have acne prone skin, never use creams? I have the same problem and I am wondering if this product is okay with me. I also have very sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sasha! Please stick to noncomedogenic products if you have acne-prone and sensitive skin. I can't really suggest this product for you because I am not really sure if this will be okay for you to use. :)

      Delete
  13. EB BB cream has nice shades ha. Most kasi ng korean bb creams pale ang colors eh. This could be a good alternative. I heard San san has created their own bb cream din. Excited to try~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why I love this - it suit Asian skin tone. Yes I actually have the San San BB Cream, reviewing it soon! :)

      Delete
  14. I have this product for several months and it is pretty amazing. the only thing I don't like with this product is that it makes my face a bit darker (maybe because of the pollution i have when I travel) and it gives me ha hot feeling in my face.

    By the way, I like the way you presented this demo, and I was wondering if what powder did you use along with the bb cream? and the eyebrow pencil you use. I really like it ;) I hop you have a tutorial on how to apply those wonderful eyebrows :)

    Keep it up. XOXO :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arianne! :) I used Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Silk (for under eye area) and 4U2 Lovelight BB Powder No. 02 (all over face powder). For the brows? hmmm, I actually forgot but I think I used San San Eyebrow Pencil in No. 3 and then set it with In2It Brow mascara in copper. :)

      Delete
  15. Ang ganda mo po :) Pwede po bang maka-request? Isang tutorial sana kung pano po kayo naglalagay ng make-up sa eyebrow po, ang ganda po kasi. Tsaka puwede po bang malaman kung anong powder ang ginamit niyo po dito? :) salamat po.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po! :) Okay po sige po gagawa po ako eyebrow tutorial. :) Yung powder na ginamit ko po ay 4U2 Dream Girl Lovelight BB Powder po. :) Hihi! ^_^

      Delete
  16. Very nice review girl. I used in2it BB cream before, now I wanna try ever bilena. I was hesitant to buy this product, until I saw this review on google. very helpful! hope u could also make a tutorial on how did your brows and the products you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! I apologize for the late reply, by the way. :/

      I will do another brow tutorial soon on my YouTube channel. :)

      Delete
  17. My mom's using the Anti-Wrinkle BB Cream and as I can see, it's good! ;)
    I'm planning to buy the other one maybe this week. I hope it'll work for me.
    By the way, thanks for the review!

    Visit my blog:
    http://lachicapetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help! Thank you, Apple! I really like this Ever Bilena BB Cream. Definitely one of their best products! :)

      Delete
  18. My cousins using this kaya pinakilaman ko din at ginamit sa face ko and it okey talaga... wanna buy this na rin after reaading this review,nagsesearch kasi ako sa google ang luckily found it here mas detalyado sa pag-gamit at results sa photos while using... gusto ko ung parang butter smell... hehe.. Super Thanks po for this review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You're welcome and thanks to you, too! Thanks for appreciating my review. I actually kinda like the scent of the EB BB cream din. Hehe! :)

      Delete
  19. Ano po kaya ang bagay s mga morena na bb cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try mo yung San San BB cream. One shade lang meron sila pero for morena skin yung color. :)

      Delete
    2. How much naman po kay yon ?

      Delete
  20. Miss Bing, what bb cream product would you recommend? May bago din ngayon ponds whitenning bb cream. Baka naman maganda lang ang skin mo (flawless) kaya maganda ung product for you.. -ish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi naman siguro dahil maganda yun skin ko kaya maganda yung product sakin. Anyway, the BB cream that I recommend is Encara and Cara Air Fit BB Creams.

      Delete
  21. Hi Miss Bing! just want to let you know that I bought this product na. I saw your you tube review bout this prod and i totally loved it with your skin and it really looks awesome to my skin too more than with the maybelline BB cream. thank you for your insights bout this prod. more power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it worked the same on you. :) Thank you so much for reading my blog and watching my video. :)

      Delete
  22. Nice review! Just bought the product today. My officemate recommended to me the use of bb cream since I really dont like to wear make up sa face, lipstick lang. Actually dapat sa etude house sana ako bibili, pro mahal. 700 ata dun. E napadaan ako sa section ng e.b sa puregold. E.b lang afford ko tlaga. I bought anti aging for my mom and yung whitening for me. I appreviate this review kasi effective pla siya. Ngayon ko lang siya gagamitin but I cant wait to wear it pagpasok ko sa ofis tomorrow.. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes mahal nga yung sa Etude House pero maganda rin naman. Yun nga lang, a little dewy sya. Thanks for reading my blog, hope you'll like the BB cream as much as I do. :)

      Delete
  23. I used this product for two months. The first time I used it, it was okay but for many uses I had, I had terrible breakouts on my face and I decided to stop using this product maybe because my skin is sensitive. I decided to switch other BB cream products which they are paraben-free although they are too pricey than this. I think it all depends on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi! i was browsing youtube for make up tutorial when i bumped here on your page.haha! hey i use the same bb cream for many months now and i could really say that the result is soooo beautiful! my friends couldnt help but notice my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi. nice review! Im using the same bb cream for almost a year now and i really like it. It really works on my skin plus it's very affordable. I also use it on my legs. I mix it with lotion and it's like a leg make up. Mas kumikinis at pumuputi legs ko. Though hindi masyado maka cover ng scars and blemishes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi. nice review! Im using the same bb cream for almost a year now and i really like it. It really works on my skin plus it's very affordable. I also use it on my legs. I mix it with lotion and it's like a leg make up. Mas kumikinis at pumuputi legs ko. Though hindi masyado maka cover ng scars and blemishes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bio France Lab is a company committing to provide quality, gentle and skincare products. We believe in making skincare treatments that are as chemical free as possible, but at the same time maximizing their efficacy. Our goal is to help people like you and me take care of our skin in the best possible way, safe and reliable.

    ReplyDelete