Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Creamy Potato-Mushroom Casserole Recipe


Hi everyone!

I just cooked a very easy comfort food! Super yummy! I know this is not beauty-related but my blog is for everything din naman. Anyway, I just want to share with you the recipe of my Creamy Potato-Mushroom Casserole. Nothing fancy or anything. Just delicious! :)

WHAT YOU'LL NEED (INGREDIENTS):

> 2-3 pounds potatoes (medium size)
> 1 onion (medium size)
> 1 can of sliced mushrooms (400g)
> 2-3 tbsp. butter
> 1/2 cup sour cream
> salt and pepper to taste
> grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese (How much? Depends on your desire!)

Makes 7-8 servings.

PROCEDURE:
1. Place the potatoes in a pot with water just enough to cover or soak them. Add salt. Bring the water to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.

2. Drain and mash the potatoes. Do not add any butter or cream. Set aside.

3. In a pan, sautée the onions in butter.



4. When the onions become translucent, add the mushrooms. Cook until tender.




5. Next, add the onion and mushrooms to the mashed potatoes. Add in the sour cream, pepper and salt to taste. Mix, mix, mix! :)




6. Transfer the potato mixture into a greased baking pan. I used two large oval baking pans. The kind that is usually used to make custard / leche flans.



7. Cover the top with grated cheese.



8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200°



Now just wait for it to finish baking. You can watch TV, post a status on your Facebook timeline, tweet, or better, clean the dishes and the other tools that you used to prepare this casserole! :)

After 20-25 minutes, tadah!!!



The crunchy cheese on top definitely is a plus factor! I love how everything turned out. The flavor is balanced because of the sweetness and tangy flavor of the onions and the saltiness of the potatoes and cheese. The potato is so creamy that it's like melting in your mouth! Every bite is also chunky and chewy because of the tender and delicious mushrooms. Ooh, yummy! I know this is a very simple dish but I am a big fan of potatoes that's why I enjoy this a lot!!! I love potatoesssss! Especially when mashed. Hahaha!





One serving will definitely make you full! I'm eating it while I'm writing this and I can feel that my stomach is already full. Ang bigat sa tiyan! Satisfied! Thanks, God! :)

That's it for my simple and easy creamy potato-mushroom casserole. More food recipes soon! :)


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


6 comments:

  1. ay gusto ko to sis. nagluluto ka din pala. :) maitry nga ito minsan. :)thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minsan lang magluto sis, and hindi yung hardcore. Haha! Thanks, Belle! and you're welcome :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing sis! I'm so trying this out~ I popost ko din to if successful yun outcome lolz~ and of course will credit you for sharing such nice tips ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. geez badtrip oven toaster lang meron dito..ahaha.imukhang masarp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't bake it na lang. It still tastes delish without baking it. :)

      Delete