Saturday, November 17, 2012

Review: 4U2 ENVY HALO CONCEALER AND HIGHLIGHTER


When 4U2 Cosmetics released their new concealer which is Halo from their Envy line, I thought why did they name it Halo? After trying out the product, I realized why (or maybe it's just me).

Hi everyone!

If you follow 4U2 in Twitter and visit their Facebook page often, you probably know about their new products from their Envy line. Last July 2012, 4U2 Cosmetics released three new technology Envy products in Thailand which includes the Halo Concealer and Highlighter. The other products are the Eternity 3-Color Baked Eyeshadow and the Eternity 4-Color Baked Blush

Among the three new products, I think the Halo Concealer and Highlighter got the most attention (based on people's responses and reactions on 4U2 Cosmetics Philippines' Facebook page). People seemed to be intrigued about this new concealer and highlighter... including me. That's why when Ms. Meredith of 4U2 sent me the new technology products, the first one that I checked out was the concealer. It's also the the product that I first wrote a review to somehow help those who are planning to try it out.


The packaging is pretty decent. I personally love it --- the purple box, the pink linings and the Halo logo is just perfect. The expiration date is written at the bottom of the box and everything else that you need to know like ingredients, instructions, precautions, etc. are written at the back of the box.



The concealer comes in a jar (which actually reminds me of the NYX Concealer in a jar) and you can find the highlighter on top of the jar's lid. The whole packaging reminds me of the BT Minerals Camouflage Mineral Concealer with Mineral Powder.




The Halo Concealer and Highlighter is available in three shades --- 01 Light, 02 Beige, 03 Ivory. I got the shade 02 Beige. I'm not sure if this is really the perfect shade for me because I haven't seen yet the other two shades in person but 02 Beige actually looks fine on me.




Aside from the packaging, the Halo concealer also reminds me of the texture of the NYX Concealer in a Jar. The only difference is that the NYX concealer in a jar is a bit more pigmented than the 4U2 Halo concealer. The texture is semi-matte. It's not thick but it's not that creamy and it glides on smoothly on the skin.




 When I applied it on my dark under eye circles, it lightened the darkness on the first layer and it concealed the darkness on the second layer. Observe the photo below.


In picture number 1, I have nothing on my face. You can really see the darkness and circles around my eyes. On the second photo, I concealed the right eye area and you can already see the huge difference. On the last photo, I concealed both eye areas already and if you're going to compare it to the first photo, you can really see that my dark under eye circles had vanished and the area around my eyes brightened up. Now I know why it's called Halo. ;-)

The coverage is light to medium only. I tried to add a couple more layers to have full coverage but the finish was just the same. I like the concealer though because it's doesn't cake after application. However, I have fine lines under my eyes and after a few hours from the time of application, it creased a little. But it's no biggie. I haven't really found a concealer yet that doesn't crease under my eyes.

I also tried to apply it around my nose to conceal the redness and it does the job so well. I used it, too to conceal my blemishes and it did lighten my dark spots but it did not fully conceal them. Like what I've said, the Halo concealer only has medium coverage. I used this concealer at school last Monday and I was at school from 11:30 in the morning up to 7 in the evening. I got home at around 8:30 in the evening and I checked on the concealer on my face and it was still there BUT it sheered out a little. My eye area though was still bright.

Maybe it's just the same with the other concealers but I personally love it. It does a good job in concealing the darkness around my eyes and the redness around my nose but I don't think it's the perfect concealer for my icky blemishes. I would recommend it still especially to those who have really dark under eye circles. This concealer could help brighten up your eye area.

Okay, let's talk about the highlighter although I think I won't talk much about it. Haha! Why? Because there's nothing really special about it. I mean, it's okay, it acts as a highlighter but it doesn't have that wow factor for me unlike other highlighters. I think it's just like an off white eye shadow which is semi-matte. It has micro glitters in it but it's not noticeable when you apply it on your skin. I think this would be perfect for those who love highlighters that are not that shimmery.




I use this highlighter on my brow bones and nose bridge and it's pretty okay. I don't want to completely ignore it because I don't want it to go to waste. It's not really a bad highlighter, it's just that it doesn't have that wow factor for me. Ooh! Another thing, it's a little chalky. :-/

This is a photo of me wearing the Halo Concealer and Highlighter. In this photo, I used the concealer on my dark under eye circles, redness around my nose and blemishes then applied my 4U2 Dream Girl Forever Liquid Foundation. I applied the highlighter on my brow bones, nose bridge and on the top of my cheek bones. I was also wearing the new Eternity 4-Color Baked Blush in this photo.



By the way, I have a First Impression video about this concealer and highlighter, watch it here:



The 4U2 Envy Halo Concealer and Highlighter is available at all leading department stores nationwide for PhP 394.00. Go check it out to see if it will work greatly on you. ;-)

If you've already tried it out, let me know how it works on you and how do you use it. Talk soon!


*The product was sent to me by the company for review. However, this review is 100% unbiased. What I had written here are my pure and true thoughts and opinions.*


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this review, haven’t tried 4U2 products yet but after watching your vid I think I have to buy their concealer. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete