Friday, April 6, 2012

Quick and Easy: Fresh Work Makeup Look



Hi everyone!

A lot of people, ladies in particular, had been requesting to me to create a makeup look that you can wear at work. To be honest, I created different looks in my mind and I wasn't sure which am I going to film first. Then after a while, I thought of doing first the simplest and easiest makeup look that you can wear at work. The look that I created is just a very simple and fresh looking makeup look. Something that will help you look more lively and will help hide those tired-looking eyes because we all know working is related to STRESS! You can do this look within 10 minutes or maybe even less if you have natural flawless skin. :) If you want to learn how to do the look, please keep on reading. ^_^




Here is the video tutorial for this makeup look but I will also list down the steps to achieve the fresh work makeup look.




Here is the list of the products I used for this look:

FACE
L.A. Girls Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Pure Beige
Fanny Serrano Two Way Powder in Organza
ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder

EYES AND BROWS
Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in #02
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in ER 01 Eyebrowns
ELF Eyelid Primer
Maybelline 2-in-1 Impact Shadow Liner by Eyestudio in brown
Laura Mercier Petite Eye Palette in Celestial Nights
Nichido Mineral Spot Concealer in Neutral
Maybelline theColossal Volum'Express waterproof mascara

LIPS
NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Natural
Fashion 21 Colour Shine Liquid Lipstick in 09


HOW-TO:
Quick and Easy Fresh Work Makeup Look



1. Be sure to cleanse, tone and moisturize before applying any makeup on your face.

2. For this look, I skipped foundation and started by concealing imperfections on my face. Usually, you're always in a hurry when you go to work so it's okay to just skip foundation (unless you love wearing foundation on a daily basis). I used the L.A. Girls Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Pure Beige because it's long-lasting and you might want to use long-lasting makeups for work since you are most likely going to spend the whole day at the office.

3. Once you have concealed the areas that need concealing, set it with powder foundation or really, any pressed powder of your choice. I used the Fanny Serrano Two Way Powder in Organza.

4. Next, proceed to your brows. Groom and define your eyebrows. Some might think that it's not really necessary to do this step but I like having groomed and redefined eyebrows since it frames the face and you will look more neat. I used the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in #02 and a little bit of brown eyebrow powder from my In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in ER 01 Eyebrowns to set the brow pencil.

5. Prime the lids first. The one that I used in this look was ELF's eyelid primer. After that, apply a brown or dark brown eye pencil on the outer thirds of your upper and lower lash lines then smudge it with a smudger brush. Bring the liner on the upper lash line a bit higher since this will serve as a base for your eyeshadows. The liner on the lower lash lines will help open your eyes. I used the Maybelline 2-in-1 Impact Shadow Liner by Eyestudio in brown.

6. Next, apply a beige or nude eyeshadow all over your lids as a wash. I used the beige eyeshadow from my Laura Mercier Petite Eye Palette in Celestial Nights.

7. You can leave your eyes like that and just apply mascara but since I have hooded eyes, I applied a brown eyeshadow on my crease line to have an illusion of deep crease. I just used the dark brown color from my In2It brow powder.

8. To look more awake and to have an illusion of bigger eyes, apply a cream or nude eyeliner on the waterline. I used my trusty Nichido Mineral Spot Concealer in Neutral as an eyeliner. Curl and apply your favorite mascara. My favorite mascaras are from Maybelline and in this look, I used the Colossal one.

9. Apply bronzer to add color on your face and to emphasize your bone structures. If you want that subtle glow on your face, add a sheer peach blush on your cheeks. I used the ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder duo.

10. Finish the look with natural-looking lip color. I used NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Natural first to even out the color of my lips and to prime my lips then I just dabbed a bit of a mauve lip gloss (Fashion 21 Colour Shine Liquid Lipstick in 09). But of course you can use other lip colors if you want to! :)

And that's the step-by-step tutorial of the Fresh Work Makeup Look! :) I hope you liked this very simple and easy makeup look. Yes, working can be really stressful but that shouldn't stop you from making yourself look beautiful, fresh, and more presentable!


Good luck! :)



Stay awesome and accomplish your missions! :)
-ivsc-

1 comment:

  1. hi ms bing! may i know what shade and brand your hair color is? :) looks great!

    ReplyDelete