Sunday, March 11, 2012

TANGERINE TANGO, The Color of 2012



A few weeks ago, Joanna of simplybeingjoanna in YouTube asked me to have a collaboration makeup tutorial with her. Of course, I did not let that slide, I accepted the offer because it is so much fun to collaborate and get to know your fellow beauty gurus/bloggers better.

The theme that we came up with is Tangerine Tango. I've been meaning to do a video tutorial featuring this color and then Joanna asked me to collaborate with her, so I thought it's good to come up with two different looks for Tangerine Tango.




In case you don't know, Tangerine Tango is the color of 2012. I have read that the Pantone Color Institute thought that we need something more vivid and bolder this year because of all the economic crisis and frustrations that we're having so they thought of making Tangerine Tango this year's color. Tangerine Tango is a bright red-orange color and www.time.com describes it as the bright and encouraging color of 2012. So, Tangerine Tango is like a color of representation for moving forward and energy booster. :) It's very nice, right?



Anyway, Joanna focused on the eye makeup and I, on the other hand, focused on the lip area. Just a tip in using bright and vivid colors, do not overdo it! If you want to wear yellow, purple, orange or other vivid colors, just focus on one feature on your face because if you overdo it, it will look ridiculous. Balance is key. So, Joanna focused only on the eye makeup and I focused the color on my lips.


The look that I came up with is definitely wearable and it's also great for Spring. This is a look that can be worn during the day time.

My Tangerine Tango video:


Joanna's Tangerine Tango video:



PRODUCTS I USED:

FACE
- Sally Hansen Natural Foundation in Creamy Beige
- Maybelline Shine-free cake powder in Honey
- Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Rajah
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Orange

EYES AND BROWS
- San San Eyebrow Pencil #02
- In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Color in ER 01 Eyebrowns
- Dollface Cosmetics Vanity Palette
- Fashion 21 Color Set
- Fanny Serrano Gel Liner in Brown
- Maybelline Extreme Stiletto mascara

LIPS
- NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Orange
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick




What are you waiting for? Go get Tangerined! It will totally give you a boost of energy! ;-)


Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-


No comments:

Post a Comment