Sunday, February 19, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Four Slices of Raspberry Cheesecake Lip Balm



Not gonna lie, the main reason why I bought this lip balm was because of its scent. I am a big fan of berry scents like Victoria's Secret's Strawberries and Champagne and Bath and Body Works' Sweet Pea.

So, the product that I'll be reviewing today is the Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Four Slices of Raspberry Cheesecake Lip Balm.

Price: PhP 99.00
Spotted: SM Department Store Beauty Section / Watsons



The packaging is a 10-gram tin can which I find very interesting.


At the bottom you'll find the list of ingredients.




When you open the pot, you'll immediately smell the delicious sweet and sour scent of the balm. Gawd, I love the smell! It just gets me! ;-) I actually love lip balms with scents. I know a lot of you guys are not big fans of scented lip balms or other stuff but I am. Especially if it's mint or strawberry/raspberry/blueberry or cotton candy.
Anyway, the texture is not that creamy as the lip balms that come in tubes. It is actually a bit more waxy and when you touch it and apply it on your lips, it's kinda difficult to glide on your lips. But no biggie, it's okay. So, at first, I thought it's not that moisturizing but eventually I can feel that my lips is getting softer and being moisturized.

Here's a photo of my lips without anything on:


Here's a photo of my lips after I applied the Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Lip Balm:


And here's a photo of my lips after 5 minutes of applying:



Maybe you won't really see the differences and it sucks that I can't show you a picture of my feelings because the photos doesn't really show how it feels on my lips. ^_^

Overall, I like it although it's a bit pricey for a lip balm (for me). The most expensive lip balm I have tried so far is this, next is the Maybelline Baby Lips which retails for PhP79.00. Anyway, I like it and I think I'm going to repurchase it in the future. :)

If you're interested to try one of these, check Watsons and I think they also have this in Lemon.


Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-


2 comments: